We all know that inventory management software like Getcarta can help make our work more efficient especially if we have lots of products to take inventory of. It can make your work or the work of your employee easier and you won’t need a lot of employees just to get the work done. But with all the software developers that offer this kind of software today, it can be difficult to select one for your business. It would also do the inventory process at a much shorter time that it would usually consume without the help of the software. Although there might still be errors or variances, it would be much less as compared to doing it manually. If you have 1 to 2 percent variance when you ago for the traditional way, you will be having a 0.001 variance instead when you go for the software. Here are some factors that you should consider when selecting software for your business.
- Funds – One of the first things to consider is the price of the software. This can make or break your will to purchase the software because getting one is really an investment but most people prove that it is a profitable investment.
- User Friendly Software – You also have to consider who will use the software. It should be easy enough that an employee can learn to use it in easily. Take a look at how complicated it is to use because if you would still need the service of an expert to run the software, then you will also be adding to the cost. If you can easily train an employee to do this, then you also wouldn’t be afraid to lose that employee if he or she resigns.
- Software Features – Take a look at the features of each of the software and determine if you need the added features or if the job can be done without the added features. Sometimes, there are software that have add-ons that you also have to pay for but there are also times when they are already included on what you are asked to pay. One of the features that most people look for this kind of software is if it can be used with quickbooks. Some also make use of barcodes while others do not really need it. Take a look at what is more convenient for you to use.
- Troubleshooting/ Technical repairs availability – Most often than not, users who just started using the software can have problems or find some errors in what they are doing. It is important that they provide troubleshooting, repairs or technical support 24/7 so that you can meet the deadline.
- Trials – Many of those who offer this software allow their clients to have it tested for a certain period of time. You should look for these brands because with the free trial you can try out their product and figure out if it is right for you without having committed in purchasing their software or service.